Monday, February 20, 2012

Afraid of Fear

Fear. The truth is...I'm afraid of being afraid.  I'm afraid of deep, inky waters carrying unknown swimmers.  I'm afraid of air being blocked and water forcing its way into my lungs. 

Or maybe in reality I'm afraid of drowning in fear.

I'm afraid of suddenly losing loved ones, their presence being ripped from my life. 

Or maybe I'm afraid of the fear that will fill their empty space.

I'm afraid that I won't find that person who will love me for every part of me.  The one who will accept my love of words, books, pens, of pencil creating impossible pictures on paper.  The one who will love my quiet yet passionate self.

Or maybe I'm allowing fear to block that person from my sight.

Fear.  The truth is, fear is just as afraid of you as you are of it.  It wants to keep you from progressing, from finding what you love, who you love, what you live for.  It will take any chance it can get to plant barriers in your path, because fear is afraid of not being feared. 

I won't let the fear of drowning keep me from feeling careless and free in flowing waters. 

I won't let the fear of loss keep me from enjoying time with loved ones. 

I won't let the fear of loneliness and rejection keep me from the person who will make me more happier than I could ever know. 

Fear, I won't let you take away the beauty of my life.  I won't let you keep me from discovering who I am and what I can become.  I will burst through your barriers, stronger and better than ever before. 

Fear, you have been conquered.

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to find a way to say it, and you said it perfectly. I am afraid of being afraid. So true.

    ReplyDelete