Saturday, March 31, 2012

Movies

Let's see...favorite movie....Well, it's too hard to pick one and if I named them all we would be here a while and you wouldn't like me very much.  Oh well. I'll try to keep it short.

I guess my favorite movies are the ones that dance in my head when I read a good book.  And I guess that provides the answer to the real question.  I think my favorite movies are movies made from books.  Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, I Am Number Four, Narnia, and more.  There is just something about seeing those words find their own skin and become something completely visible. 

My top favorite movie changes about every twelve minutes.  The elusive group of favorites includes those ever alluring book movies, Tangled, Pirates of the Caribbean, old, classic Disney movies, and a lot more.

A movie makes my favorites list when it makes me remember it and think about it for a long time after.  When the lights in the theater come on and I still feel like I'm running in the woods or diving in cool waters away from bad guys or sneaking around trying not to be seen. 

At this very moment, my favorite movie is Prince Caspian.  I love the quotes and the music and the British boys and the mythical creatures and the nature.  It just makes me feel good.

Well, that's about as short as this will get right now.  I'm sure in a few minutes I'll remember a movie I've forgotten to mention, but I'll try to do it justice another time. 

My favorites will always keep adapting and shifting as new movies join their ranks and fight for the top.  But I don't think just one movie will ever make it to the top.  They are all too good of fighters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment