Saturday, March 3, 2012

Stress Relief





I walked away from my house into the tall, protective trees.  I was alone, but the whistle of the wind through the leaves and the rustling of unseen animals was all the company I needed.  Sunlight leaked through the tallest branches, giving everything a layer of light gold.  It was perfect.

Soon the sun's golden glow recharged my tired self and I took off running.  A cool breeze hit my face, and as it passed it took with it all the cares and worries that had been riding on my back.  It was the exact relief I needed.  To be free, running and frolicking and dancing amidst the trees. 

Soon I had to go back and pick up my broken and left behind cares.  I put them back on my back, their nagging voices filling the natural, peaceful silence I enjoyed so much.  But their voices never truly reached my ears.  They were both already full of the quiet voices of the trees.  I had a stubborn smile on my face that refused to be taken down.  The cares tried and tried, talked and talked and even yelled, but I could not be distracted.  I stared ahead with my newfound peace, my back filled with the new strength it had been longing for.

3 comments:

  1. That's really good. I can totally feel how you feel and see how it is. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I love that you captured the rejunvenating aspect of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that you know what you are talking about when you speak of the wonderful sights of the forest. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete