Monday, March 12, 2012

Wandering Mind

I lay my heavy head against the cool, enticing pillow.  It welcomes me back and seems content to let me rest on it, despite the dents and imperfections I always give back to it.  Closing my eyes, the pillow sucks away at everything that ever bothered me, giving me a break and allowing me to drift into blissful sleep.

My mind leaves the cage of my skull, jumping and flying to where ever it didn't get to during the day. I never know exactly where it will go.  Just that it will always come back in the light of a new day, its tense muscles now released, enlightened.  It tells me of the things it found, filling each crevice of my head with its charming tales. 

My mind is loyal to me.  I feel it coming back to me as the first rays of sunlight color the inside of my eyelids a gentle red.  I slowly lift myself up, a new awareness in my head, while the rest of my body catches up.  Rejuvenated and inspired, I face the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment